Nonprofit Blog Carnival
Katya Andresen is taking the Nonprofit Blog Carnival to new heights in March. Katya invites you to "Picture this: Your brilliance here." She says, "This month's theme is 'picture this' because I feel we don't do enough to pair great visuals with our stories." Any topic will do...the images will be what holds this Carnival together. Katya will put together the usual Carnival post but also put our work up on a board at Pinterest. The deadline for submissions is March 25th, so get moving.
Fundraising, Social Media, Content
Frank Barry, of NetWitsThinkTank, has five lovely examples of nonprofits that make the most of their content marketing in 5 Content Marketing Success Stories Your Nonprofit Needs to Imitate. From Best Friends to March of Dimes, there are great elements here that even smaller organizations can model.
Who doesn't love the Muppets? The Fundraising Detective sure does and wrote Five Fundraising Lessons from the Muppet Movie. These tips are right on plus show how beneficial it is for fundraisers to get out of the office once in a while.
Ah, just as I was thinking about spring cleaning my email box, RSS feeds, and social media streams, I found Wayne Elsey's Tips for Maximizing Time and Minimizing Distractions. Wayne is the very busy CEO of Soles4Souls, so I'm listening to his advice.
Facebook Timelines for pages is on the minds of anyone having to do with nonprofits. Here is some help:
- Message It: How to Make the Most of Your New Facebook Page from Nancy Schwartz, guest posting for Beth Kanter.
- How to Convert Your Facebook Page Over to the New Timeline Layout, a video from John Haydon as The Nonprofit Facebook Guy.
- 28 Things You Need To Know About The New Facebook Pages, from KISSmetrics.
There have been a number of great resources surfacing in the past week. Here are three I found particularly useful:
- Audience Research: Where to Find Polls and Survey Data, from Kivi Leroux Miller.
- Quarterly Online Giving Index, from Network for Good.
- How Giving Contests Can Strengthen Nonprofits and Communities, The CASE Foundation.
Photo: Chris Jackson/Getty Images Entertainment