Here's what caught my eye from the nonprofit blogs recently.
Nonprofit Blog Carnival
Ten posts to take your website to the next level. Websites - that's the theme for the Sept Nonprofit Blog Carnival. Liz Ricca at Duck Call rounds up the best info and turns it into a mini-guide. Don't miss it!
Share Your Multichannel Campaigns. Miriam Kagan of Blackbaud will be gathering all your submissions for the October issue of the Nonprofit Blog Carnival. Multichannel should be a hot topic. Send examples.
Fundraising, Social Media, Boards
- 7 Board Activities Can Help Charities Bring In More Money. There's more than one or two ways boards can help to fundraise. How many are you using? Chronicle of Philanthropy's Holly Hall summarizes a new report.
- 5 Ways to Make LinkedIn Board Connect Work for Your Nonprofit. Beth Kanter explains LinkedIn's new service and how to use it. Great resource!
- Half the Sky, a documentary based on the Nicholas Kristof and Sheryl WuDunn book airs on PBS next Monday and Tuesday. Don't miss it if you care about opportunity for women worldwide.
- Free Non-profit Webinars for October 2012. Wild Apricot compiles this list each month. A feast of good learning at just the right price.
- Giving Tuesday gathers steam. Jump on the train of this new charitable giving and fundraising idea. Help make Giving Tuesday (the Tues after Thanksgiving) as well known as Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Stretch the thanksgiving season in the name of good causes.
- To CAPTCHA or Not to CAPTCHA, That is The Question? It's a good security measure but you might tick off your donors too. Read the pros and cons at NetwitsThinkTank.
- Announcing the Bitty Award. Tired of the big guys always winning every award? Pamela Grow has the answer. The Bitty Award is for small shop fundraisers only. Check it out and submit your campaign.
- Not-So-Obvious-But-Obvious Ways to Say Thanks. Ifdy, writing at Inspiring Generosity, makes a case for considering customer service as a way to say thank you.
Photo: Dimitri Vervitsiotis/Getty Images