- The Importance of Donor Retention - Philantopic. I'm predicting that this will be the nonprofit meme of the year. This post features a gut wrenching infographic about just how bad donor retention is, plus suggestions for turning it around.
- Blog Carnival - Nancy Schwartz hosts the January Nonprofit Blog Carnival with this call for submissions: Your Big Dream for 2013? Nonprofit Blog Carnival Wants to Know. I know what I am dreaming, do you? By the way, you can find the calendar and list of the 2013 hosts here.
- Are You Getting the Most Out of Your Donation Forms? - TechnologyforChange. What are your answers to these questions: "...Are your forms intuitive? Are they a good length? Do they look trustworthy?"
- Accounting for Year-End Gifts - npEngage. You need a system that you can use consistently from year to year. Great tips in this post about where to put what.
- What Does the Fiscal Cliff Deal Mean for Nonprofits? (PDF) - Urban Institute Center on Nonprofits and Philanthropy. This is a good summary of all that the new tax policies might mean for your nonprofit. If it makes your eyes cross, get it to your ED or accountant.
- Charitable IRA Rollover Revived - Tony Martignetti. Good news! The IRA rollover was saved and extended. Tony explains.
- Don't step off the fundraising cliff - Future Fundraising Now. Jeff Brooks explains what you should not be worried about and a few things that you should fret over.
- Nonprofits, don't be afraid to "think small" on social media - J Campbell Social Marketing. Charities sometimes give up on social media because they think doing a little is worse than doing nothing. Julia Campbell begs to differ and offers some examples of how doing a little paid off for some organizations.
Photo: Detail of Donor Retention Infographic by Bloomerang