- YOU Can Bring These Dreams To Life Nancy Schwartz asked for and received a bevy of nonprofit visions and dreams for 2013 for the January Nonprofit Blog Carnival. There is more than enough inspiration in these to propel you through the year.
- How do you keep your donors wanting to come back? That's the question Marc Pitman, the Fundraising Coach, asks for the February Nonprofit Blog Carnival. Retention is the theme of the year for nonprofits, so be sure to submit your ideas/experience/plans to keep those donors in the fold.
- Stormy Weather Pushed Giving Higher for 2012. Will global warming and its attendent weather disasters boost charitable giving in the future? The NonprofitTimes summarizes Blackbaud's report on 2012 giving and finds that Superstorm Sandy might have done just that for last year. There are lots of stats here that will pique your interest.
- Giving Will Barely Rise in 2013, Report Predicts. Will people be stingier in 2013? A recent report from the Atlas of Giving suggests so according to this article from the Chronicle of Philanthropy.
- 7 National Nonprofit Conferences Worth Attending in 2013 (Under $500). Pinching pennies? (silly question!) Rosetta Thurman has rounded up this fantastic list of conferences that might just fit our shrinking pocketbooks plus our interests.
- Free Non-profit Webinars for February 2013. While you're making your budget-conscious schedule, include a couple of these free webinars, conveniently provided by Wild Apricot.
- Marketing To Baby Boomer And Senior Customers - Part I and Part II. Engage:Boomers has got all the important insights about older donors that you will need. Get real...these are your most important supporters and will be for some time. Learn all you can about what appeals to them.
- You've Acquired a New Donor . . . Now What? The second gift is even more important than the first one. Find out why and how to get it more quickly from Alexa Langford over at Grizzard Communications. It's part of the retention story.
Photo: Getty Images