Last week I wrote about my own (lazy) habits for social media where I mentioned my favorite tools and tactics. But, I also have learned through experience that social media is never done, and neither is my learning about it.
The same should be true for all nonprofit organizations. The social media train has left the station and is picking up speed at an unreal pace.
Just check out the Nielsen report on social media use in 2012. It says that social media sites keep growing and new ones are emerging. Social media is driving a huge change in the way people get their information and make decisions about buying decisions (in nonprofit terms, that means donating and supporting).
Nonprofits are learning how to make friends, influence the zeitgeist, and raise money through their social networking channels. Best practices are evolving swiftly. The only question now is how do you keep up?
You could start by bookmarking these blogs that I have found to be indispensable social media resources. They only represent a small fraction of the available universe, but these particular ones keep surfacing in my world.
They are in no particular order by the way, and some are not even specific to nonprofit work. I've linked a recent post from each:
- Beth's Blog - How To Easily Repurpose Your Content for Social Channels
- The Nonprofit Facebook Guy - Facebook vs. Email Marketing [VIDEO]
- Socialbrite - Dive deeper into Facebook Page Insights
- Nonprofit Tech 2.0: A Social Media Guide for Nonprofits - Eight Common Mistakes Nonprofits Make When They First Join Twitter
- Social Media Examiner - 8 Ways to Discover Valuable Social Media Content
- Post Planner Blog - Are You a Crappy Fan Page Admin?
- Mashable - How Non-Profits Relied on Social Media in 2012 (Infographic)
- Mari Smith's Blog - Biggest Moments In Social Media Marketing -- Wins and Fails
- HubSpot's Inbound Marketing Blog - Evaluate Your Facebook Page With This Simple Checklist [INFOGRAPHIC]
- SocialMediaToday - The Best and Worst Days to Post on Facebook
There are lots more great blogs to follow in the social media space. Which are your favs? Let us know in the comments.
More About Social Media:
- Facebook Marketing for Dummies - a Review
- Getting Started with Social Media: Where Do Nonprofits Begin?
- 12 Social Media Tips for Nonprofits