Nonprofit Blog Carnival
- How Do You Use Multichannel Strategies to Create Social Change Anytime Everywhere? The March Nonprofit Blog Carnival, hosted by Allyson Kapin of RAD Blog, brings together nonprofit experts with tips about how to use multichannel for social good. Add these ideas to your list of things you must try.
- I want your posts: What's your best advice? Katya Andresen, of Network for Good and Katya's Non-Profit Marketing Blog, hosts the April Nonprofit Blog Carnival. She wants us to confide the best professional advice we ever got, and how it affected our nonprofit work. Are you like me? It's going to be hard to choose!
- Can We Get Some Volunteers, Please? - Next Avenue, an NPR blog. Richard Eisenberg, one of my favorite experts on Boomers and Seniors, says that Boomers are turned off by many volunteer opportunities because they are boring. He found some nonprofits that are going out of their way to attract these valuable folks and put them to work.
- How to Overcome Volunteer Reluctance - Volunteer Match. Dean Velia guest posts about what truly motivates volunteers, and how you can tap into what naturally drives them.
- Revisiting the Seven Deadly Sins of Directing Volunteers - Energize! Susan Ellis tracks the changes in best volunteer management practices by editing a 1980s version of them. See what has changed in 30 years.
- How to Write Fundraising Email Copy Like a Pro - Philanthropy for All. These are super simple tips, but crucial. My favorite is a version of "walk in their shoes."
- Planned Giving Is Not About Dying...It's About The Future - Planned Giving Breakthroughs. Maybe people aren't flocking to your planned giving information because they just don't like to think about death. Change the conversation with these tips.
- Annual fund on your mind? Ditch it! - Get Full Funded. Sandy Rees dares to say it. "Annual Funds" are boooring. Stop worrying about you and start thinking about the interests of your donors.
- 6 Ways Your Nonprofit Wins the Game of Social Media - Clairification. Claire Axelrad knows that you are on those social networks, but seriously questions whether you are actually getting anything done. She has six tips to turn "twitting around" into engagement with "purpose."
- Three Ways Nonprofits Can Use Facebook Apps to Motivate Donors - John Haydon. Research has shown that FB apps can help get donors over to your donation page. This list of apps is a good place to start.
- Tips and Tools for Integrating Social Media Into Your Nonprofit Event Marketing Plan - Beth Kanter. I know you must think that events are labor intensive enough, but social media is really a natural for them. Beth Kanter explains how to use it before, during and after an event.
Photo: Getty Images