If one story is good, are more better? Well, not better but just as good, as this example of a thank you letter shows.
First, let me just say, thank you!
Your recent donation of $150 means that you understand just how important riding a horse can be to a child with cognitive or physical challenges.
But let me tell you what our services at Therapeutic Riding of Atlanta mean to some of the children who come to our classes.
- One little boy with severe cerebral palsy leaned how to sit up tall on his horse. His mother was so proud and said, "I never thought he'd be able to so so well. If he can do this, what else can he do?"
- A young girl who had never said a word suddenly said "go" to her horse.
- Because she built her confidence by riding, one little girl is no longer afraid to be on the playground swings.
- A child who had trouble walking by himself started doing so after only a few times on a horse.
- A young girl was able to speak louder in her classroom because she had become stronger and her respiration better from riding her horse.
Although these victories may seem small to the average person, you know that they are not. That's why you gave, and why we and the kids we serve are full of gratitude for your generosity.
Donors like you help make our therapeutic riding possible, ensure that our horses are well fed, housed, and trained, and guarantee that we can offer scholarships to children and their families who could not, otherwise, afford these life-enhancing activities.
We want you to be an active member of our community too. Please visit our website at www.tra.org to sign up for our emails and newsletters. And do watch for invitations to our events such as Horsin' Around, Hearts & Horses, and the special tours we offer all year round.
We are volunteer intense and would love for you to experience the joy of helping a child ride a horse. Just indicate your interest at our website or call volunteer coordinator, Sandy Converse, at xxx-xxxx. Volunteers get to wear some great t-shirts too!
Again, thank you! We love your support.
P.S. As a special thanks, we will be adding you to our special circle of friends and listing your name in our annual report and in our newsletter. Please stop by our ranch soon so we can say thanks in person.